Monday, April 14, 2008

Back To Normal

My man is home:+) The kids are in school and I'm doing laundry. A typical Monday. The weather is starting to feel like spring. Yesterday we pulled all the weeds and prepared for the annual mulching event. This annual springtime event is the right of passage for spring to many people. We spend all day pulling weeds and turning the ground over. This event also unearths all of the sleeping worms, slugs, ants, and spiders. We cut down all the dead things from last year and prepare for new life. Then most people go spend hundreds of dollars on mulch. WHY?? Because is looks good, or does it have some nutritional value for the earth? Well I do it because it looks good, and we all know that is important. My house needs to look as good outside as in. But hopefully by spreading the mulch I'm helping the Earth in some small way, just like I do on Mondays when the weather is nice by hanging the laundry outside instead of using the dryer.

No comments: