Sunday, November 18, 2007

Packing

Today I started packing some things for my trip to Germany next week. You ask why I started so early. Well let me tell you my schedule starting Wednesday morning. We get up and drive 3.5 hours to PA. for Thanksgiving. The men in the family are going deer hunting on the Monday after the holiday so I need to pack for them. I need 5 days worth of clothing plus hunting gear. After we eat our holiday dinner on I will travel back to Delaware with my cousin to go black Friday shopping. We will shop all weekend. Then I will travel back to PA with her on Monday. Once arriving there I will go to the airport with my sister since she is also going to Germany. BUT I have to take most of my luggage with on Wednesday to PA because when I go back on Monday we are traveling in a mid size car with all of black Friday shopping in it. So there will not be a lot of room for all of my luggage. I'm tired just thinking about this. So today I packed one suitcase filled with Christmas gifts for my German family. ( I will say a little prayer tonight that it is under 50lbs.) 50 lbs.!! that's all your suitcase can weight:+( I can take 50 lbs worth of shoes and purses. What is the sense of being a great packer when you can only put 50lbs. in a suitcase. The challenge has always been to see how much you can get in a suitcase. The airlines really need to back off the weight restrictions. Because 50lbs. just is not enough. I think men should only be aloud 40 lbs. and women should be aloud 60lbs. Men only need one pair of shoes and no purses. I hope someone from the airlines reads this and takes my suggestion.

No comments: